Skip to Main Content

Conceal Carry Handgun Licensing

Concealed Carry

In 2006 the Kansas Legislature passed the Personal and Family Protection Act. Since July 2006, more than 129,000 Kansans have applied for concealed carry licenses. The first licenses were issued on January 3, 2007.


To submit your conceal carry handgun application, you will need the following:

  • Course Completion Certificate
  • Valid Driver's License
  • Check, Cashier's Check, or Money order for $32.50 made out to "Coffey County Sheriff's Office"
  • Check, Cashier's Check, or Money Order for $100.00 made out to "Office of the Attorney General"
  • 2"x 2" photograph of head/shoulders
  • Completed Application

Please contact Coffey County Jail at 620-364-3199 to schedule an appointment for fingerprints to be completed.  


If you have additional questions regarding Conceal Carry Handgun Licensing, call the Concealed Carry Licensing Unit at the Attorney General's Office (785) 291-3765 or visit their website